Упражнения на Present Simple.
Ex. 1. Write the 3rd person singular. Mind the spelling.
do – does
go – __________
read – reads
collect – __________
hate – __________
play – __________
study – studies
tidy – __________
wash – washes
watch – __________
brush – __________
teach – __________
Ex. 2. Yan is at a summer camp. Write what he usually does in the camp. Complete the sentences using Present Simple.
He ________ (get) up at 7. He ________ (have) his English lesson every day. Не ________ (speak) English to his friends. He ________ (play) board games in the afternoon. Sometimes he ________ (swim) in the lake. He often ________ (go) hiking. He sometimes ________ (sit) by the camp fire in the evenings. He never ________ (go) on a trip without his friends.
Ex. 3. Complete these sentences in Present Simple. Use the words from the list:
go, like, love, watch, read, like, walk, come, do, watch.
My name’s Pavel. In the evening I usually (1) ___________ my homework. Then I (2) ___________ TV or video. I (3) ___________ action films! They are super! Then I (4) ___________ my dog. After that I (5) ___________ home, (6) ___________ a book and (7) ___________ to bed. My sister is little. She doesn’t (8) ___________ action films. She (9) ___________ cartoons. She (10) ___________ them every day.
Ex. 4. Put the words in the correct order to make these sentences.
Ex. 5. Put the words in the correct order to make the questions or negatives.
Ex. 6. Put the words in the correct order to make the sentences.
Ex. 7. Order the words to complete the sentences.
Ex. 8. Complete the sentences with 1 word.
- Where _____________ Michael from?
- ________________ does your brother do in his free time?
- _____________ do we arrive in Athens?
- _____________ you good at tennis?
- ______________ often do you get a taxi?
- How ____________ people in your country relax?
Ex. 9. Make up the questions using the words in brackets.
1. Ann watches TV. (How often?)…
2.I write emails to my friends. (How often?)…
3. They have dinner in the evening. (What time/usually?) …
4. Tom works. (Where?) …
5. Mark and his sister go to the cinema. (How often?)…
6. People do stupid things. (Why?) …
7. The car breaks down. (How often?) …
Ex. 10. Restore the right word order to complete the questions.
1. buy/you/do/what/at the shops?
2. is/who/that man?
3. your parents/moment/where/at the/are?
4. you/how/come/to school/do?
5. is/your car/where?
Ex. 11. Complete the questions using the words in brackets.
1. The Greens live in London. (Where)
2. She lives in Green Street. (Where)
3. Grace usually has dinner at nine o’clock. (When)
4. Tim reads many books. (Does)
5. Sally speaks Spanish. (Does)
6. We have English lessons on Tuesdays and Fridays. (Do … or…)
7. They work on a farm. (Where)
8. I make my bed in the morning. (Do)
9. The children play in the park, not in the square. (Do … or…)
10. They do their homework after school. (When)
11. I have a glass of milk for dinner. (What)
12. We like watching TV in the evening. (Do)
Ex. 12. Use these words to make questions. Mind the word order.
Ex. 13. Read the answers and make questions to them.
1. (When… ?)______________________
She gets up at eight o’clock.
2. (What … do…?)__________________
She has breakfast at nine o’clock.
3. (Where…?) ______________________
She works in the bookshop.
4. (Where…?) _________________
She has lunch in a cafe.
5. (When …?) _________________
She comes home at half past five.
6. (What … do ?) ___________
She watches TV in the evening.
7. (When …?) _________________
She goes to bed at 10 o’clock.