Степени сравнения прилагательных.
Ex. 1. Write the comparative and superlative form of the adjectives.
Ex. 2. Complete the sentences using the appropriate adjectives.
- A train is ___________ than a bus.
- This text is the ___________ of all.
- I was ill last week but today I am________
- Park Street is _______ than Market Street.
- This jacket is small for me. Show me a ________ one.
- What is the __________ thing in life?
- A crocodile is _________ than a water snake.
- Helen is the ________ girl in our class.
Ex. 3. Complete the sentences using the words from the brackets.
- Jill’s a far________ (intelligent) person than my brother.
- Kate was the_________ (practical) of the family.
- Greg felt __________ (bad) yesterday than the day before.
- This wine is the ____________ (good) I’ve ever tasted.
- Jack was the________ (tall) of the two.
- Jack is the__________ (clever) of the three brothers.
- If you need any ___________ (far) information, please contact our head office.
- The sinking of Titanic is one of _____________ (famous) shipwreck stories of all time.
- Please, send the books back without_________ (far) delay.
- The deposits of oil in Russia are by far the __________ (rich) in the world.
- Could you come a bit _______ (early) tomorrow?
- I like this song _________ (well) than the previous one.
- Which of these two performances did you enjoy ________ (much)?
- The fire was put out _________ (quickly) than we expected.
Ex. 4. More or less?
- People are______ intelligent than monkeys.
- Summer holidays are ____ splendid than winter holidays.
- Maths is _____ important than English.
- Books are ______ interesting than films.
- Writing in English is_____ difficult than speaking.
- Parents are_______ helpful than teachers.
- Reading is_______ useful than watching TV.
- Food is _____ expensive than clothes.
Ex. 5. Choose the correct option.
- Let’s take a later/latest train.
- Computers are one of the latest/last discoveries of the 20th century.
- Sorry I’m late — am I the last/latest?
- That’s a further/farther reason to do it.
- This poem belongs to his latter /later works.
- Jane is 2 years older/elder than Jack.
- Jane is older/elder than Jack by two years.
- My older/elder brother is 5 years older/elder than me.
- Where is the nearest/next post office?
- The teacher told us about the latest/last elections in this country.
- The nearest/next house to ours is 2 miles away.