Do you think you are a patient person? Why or why not?
Ex. 1. Rank the things that might test your patience from 1 to 10 (1=the most annoying, 10=the least annoying).
- people who walk slowly
- slow Internet connection
- taxi drivers who don’t know the best route
- when your take-away delivery takes much longer than they said
- backseat drivers
- being stuck in traffic
- when people take the lift on the second floor
- having to re-explain yourself if someone doesn’t understand
- Internet pop-ups
- when you have to wait for someone to answer a message
Ex. 2. Put the adjectives below into the right categories:
- testy (=a person who get annoyed easily)
- grouchy /ˈɡraʊtʃi/ (=a person who likes complaining)
- touchy /ˈtʌtʃi/(=sensitive)
- placid (=a person who doesn’t show emotions)
Characteristics of patient people: ________________________
Characteristics of impatient people: ________________________
Choose 3 adjectives from the list and speak about someone you know who has each characteristics.