Упражнения на прилагательные с ing/ ed.
Ex.1. Make up the sentences using these words: because, that’s why.
1) they, that’s why, shocked, the news, shocking, was, were
2) was, she, because, was, the food, disgusting, disgusted
3) amusing, he, that’s why, the story, amused, is, is.
4) am, exhausting, I, was, the trip, because, exhausted.
Ex. 2. Restore the word order to Make up these sentences.
- was, I, boring, because, bored, the book, was
- My parents, worrying, the situation, because, is, are, worried
- was, He, excited, because, the party, exciting, was
- was, They, tiring, because, tired, the trip (поездка) , were
- My classmates, interesting, the lesson, because, were, was, interested
- I, relaxing, the music, because, is, am, relaxed
- We, excited, the match, because, are, is, exciting
- They, bored, the film, because, were, was, boring
Ex. 3. Choose the correct word.
- I’m interesting/interested in collecting stamps.
- Everyone is depressed/depressing by the awful weather.
- I think that airports are exciting/excited places.
- I’m tired/tiring. I think I’ll go to bed.
- The journey was exhausted/exhausting!
- It’s not surprising/surprised that she’s busy. She’s got six children.
- The teacher was annoying/annoyed because I had forgotten to do my homework.
- He loved the museum — he thought it was fascinating/fascinated.
- We went to the cinema but I was very boring/bored because I had seen the film before.
- I like this monkey. It is very amused/amusing.
Ex. 4. Fill in the gaps using the words from the list: interesting, surprised, boring, interested, surprising, bored, exciting, disappointed, amusing.
- What programme are you watching? Is it____?
- ‘I’m going on a safari in Africa!’ ‘Really? How____!’
- What time did you get home last night? I didn’t know where you were. I was very ______ about you.
- The children are____and they don’t know what to do.
- It was quite___ that he has passed the exam.
- I was____ with the film. I expected it to be much better.
- I don’t want to read this book. It is _______.
- The cartoon was very _______. I laughed a lot.
- I don’t want to go to the match. I’m not ________in football.
- We were very ________when we heard the news.